Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pain and Tragety in Rap/Hip-hop music: N.W.A Express Yourself

Hip-Hop/rap music was always known of the african american culture.



I myself is practing on rapping. So the song I chose to review is N.W.A.'s Express Yourself.

Express yourself is the remake of Charles Wright and the Watts 103rd Rhythm Band. N.W.A. remade the song in their version in 1988.



Out of all of of the group's songs, This is the only song with no swearing or violent measures.



The lyricst is Dr. Dre, ice Cube and MC Ren and The song is is bascily about free expression, radio censorship and mentions that other rappers are afraid to express themself due to the fear of what people will think and that they will try to be someone else. http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9232/expressyourselfwh8.jpg

2 comments:

Kayla T. said...

JDubz! Where's your playlist at?!? I don't like rap... but I'd like to listen to some stuff you're into. Maybe I'll find something I actually like.

Peace.

-Kayla T.

Tom said...

yo watup JDubz, awesome blog